Peter Obi, a presidential candidate for the Labour Party, told a press conference today in Abuja that the announcement of the results of the just concluded presidential election did not mark the conclusion of the process.
It is the first time Obi will speak to the public or address a press conference after losing the 2023 presidential election.
READ ALSO: Peter Obi’s Victory In Lagos Was Due To State’s Significant Igbo Population – Dele Momodu
Obi said, “We will explore all the legal and peaceful means to reclaim our mandate. We won the election. Datti and I are committed to the mandate of Nigerians.”
The Labour Party candidate vowed to challenge the process of the Saturday, February 25 presidential election in the court.
When asked to present evidences on how the election was manipulated, Obi simply said he doesn’t want to answer questions on his way to the court.
Recall that the Labour Party had earlier faulted the process of collating the result of last Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly Elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), saying it will challenge the outcome in court.
LP alleged that most of its members were deliberately disenfranchised through varied means across the country, but were more discerning in its strongholds.
In a statement released by the party’s national secretary, Alhaji Umar Farouk Ibrahim, on Sunday, the party claimed that while it had gained ground in most of Northern Nigeria with high vote totals, LP members had been purposefully barred from voting, violently driven from polling places, or had ballot papers and boxes destroyed and set ablaze in other areas.
He cited several states where such crimes were frequently committed in contravention of the Electoral Act of 2022, as Amended, including Lagos, Rivers, Bayelsa, Kano, Yobe, and Edo.
In some places, according to Umar, INEC personnel and election supplies were either not deployed to areas that are known to be Labour Party strongholds or were deployed too late to irritate party supporters who, psychologically weary of waiting, were forced to leave the polling places out of fear of the unknowable.
Entertainment4 days ago
MohBad’s Cousin Breaks Silence on Broken Neck
Business3 days ago
Ex-Kaduna Gov, El Rufai Quits Politics, Returns To Private Sector As Board Chair of Venture Capital Firm
News3 days ago
‘We’ll Arrest, Charge To Court Anyone That Cannot Explain Their Sources of Wealth’ – Police
News14 hours ago
Kaduna Village Bombing: Death Toll Reaches 120 As Survivors Allege Military Bombed Twice
News11 hours ago
Tinubu’s Words, Body Language Shows He’s Uninterested In Security – Northern Elders
News1 day ago
85 Killed As Nigerian Army Bombs Village in Kaduna, Calls it ‘Mistake’ As AAC Kicks